U.S. (SUPERIOR COURTS/TRIAL-LEVEL/COUNTY LEVEL/)
Judge Monica Guerrero is a Superior Court Judge in Texas
Bexar County Sheriff Officers Association
San Antonio Police Officers Association
Bexar County Northeast Democrats
San Antonio Stonewall Democrats
• University of Texas at San Antonio, B.A. Political Science 1990.
• Council for Legal Educational Opportunity Fellowship, University of Missouri, 1991.
• University of Kansas School of Law, J.D. 1994.
• Student Intern, Family Violence Unit, Bexar County District Attorney's Office 1990.
• Advocate, Family Violence Unit, Bexar County District Attorney's Office, 1991.
• Student Intern, Kansas Legal Services for Prisoners, 1992 -1993.
• Student Attorney, Legal Services for Students, 1993 -1994.
• Assistant Criminal District Attorney, Bexar County District Attorney's Office, 1995 -2002.
• County Judge, Bexar County Court at Law #7, 2003 - Present, hearing all misdemeanor family violence cases for Bexar County.
• Family Law Master, Bexar County, Texas 2003 - Present, hearing child abuse cases, child custody and divorcs, along with other family law matters.
• Speaker at the Texas Center for Judiciary Statewide Conference, 2004.
• Participant in the Courts in Schools Program.
• Featured on the Hallmark Channel show New Morning, May 26, 2004, entitled "Spiritual Journeys" http://www.newmorningtv.tv/todaysshow_052604.jsp
• Participant in the "Kids Against Violence" art contest.
• Writer and recipient of Criminal Justice Grant for the "Specialization of Domestic Violence Court" 2005.
• Recipient of the Elected Official of the Year Award 2005 from the National Association of Social Workers, SA Branch.
• Recipient of the 2005 West San Antonio Chamber Doctoral Achievement Award.
• Board member for The Texas Center for the Judiciary.
• Licensed member of the Texas Bar.
• San Antonio Bar Association.
• Mexican American Bar Association.
• Bexar County Women's Bar Association.
• National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges.
Click to read Judical Biography...
Click To Rate this Judge
Total votes to retain this judge:
Total votes to Remove ("Diss-Robe") this Judge: